Sage / USB-IURT / PVR-250 / Dish 811

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Sage / USB-IURT / PVR-250 / Dish 811

Postby djjohn97 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:00 pm

Hello. My name is John. I recently upgraded to Dish Network. I have a Dish 811 receiver. I would like to use it with Sage. I am having trouble installing it into sage. I have an USB-IURT that I purchased on the sage web page.

I attempted to following the instructions (that I obtained from the Sage forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme
I use the composite input of my PVR250 for my digital channels and the coax input for my analog channels. Here is a rough deccription of how I set mine up.
Just go to Setup>Setup Wizard>Add or modify a source. Follow the normal setup and choose your digital cable lineup. Make sure you remove any channels that overlap with your analog channel lineup(your PVR250's tuner input).
Choose composite(you can use SVHS if you didgital box has it) from the source selection.
Choose "I have a infrared transciever or plugin to setup".
Choose "USB-UIRT transciever".
For right now select any com port(i used com4).
Select "add new device". Give it a name that makes sense to you.
Then follow the onscreen directions on teaching sageTV the IR codes for you Digital cable box's remote. Make sure you point your cable box remote within a inch or so of your USB-UIRT. When done test all your numbers and reprogram any that didn't ake right the first time. Don't forget to have a RCA/composite cable connecting your cable box's compsite outputs to the PVR250 composite audio/video inputs.

That's pretty much it. I didn't talk about the assigned channel option since I don't use that one. Sorry if I misssed any steps,or gave a wrong instruction, as I typed this out very fast. Either way this should give you enough info to at least setup Sage so you can test the remote control of your cable box, even if you choose to use a different cable arrangement.
----

I get to the choose ir transceiver. It asks to hold the remote up to the usb-iurt receiver and press zero. It does not ask me to choose which COM port to use.

I hold the remote control up to the usb-iurt and press 0. Nothing happens. I continue to press it. Eventually I have to manually close Sage down and start again.

Is anyone else using Dish 811 with Sage?

I have the following system:

Sage Beta software
P4- 2Ghz
1 gig ram
250 mb HD
PVR-250 card
Windows XP Home
Dish 811

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
John Perri
djjohn97

Postby jrhees » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:20 am

Some have reported Sage locking up if Sage is set up to operate as a Windows Service.

Since you are using a Dish box, I would recommend choosing an existing Dish profile. If you cannot find one, email support@usbuirt.com and request one.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Scott Smith » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:15 am

I was under the impression Dish 811 was UHF only and no IR.
Is this correct?
Scott Smith

Postby jrhees » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:09 am

I'm not sure. Most new Dish boxes come with an RF remote but still have a built-in IR receiver. I believe there were one or two models which did not build in the IR receiver.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Scott Smith » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:09 pm

I wish it did work off IR commands. It would make my life much easier.
As far as I know it will only operate off of UHF Pro but the remote can be programed to operate other IR devices.
Scott Smith

Postby Scott Smith » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:26 am

Well after more investigation it looks like the 811 will infact run from IR commands. I was told that you can run a 811 from a 311 remote if you want to verifying it will respond from IR commands.
Scott Smith

Return to Installation