Just want to make sure I have this straight

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Just want to make sure I have this straight

Postby iflyskyhigh » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:51 am

My HTPC is running twp PVR150 cards with BTV3.5. I have the SS Firefly remote. I have two hughes DTV Sat boxes hooked up to the respective PVR cards. My sat boxes allow me to change the address of the remote, i.e. 000,001,002,003. So I need to order:

1 USB IRT
1 Dual (visible or non-visable???) emitter

Correct?

I have spent 3 hours pouring of previous posts and I'm still confused.
iflyskyhigh

Postby jrhees » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:19 am

*IF* you can indeed change the IR address of each set-top-box, you are correct. You may even be able to do without the dual emitter, since the USB-UIRT has a built-in blaster, which could be aimed at bost boxes.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Changing the address of the box

Postby iflyskyhigh » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:16 am

Thanks for your help Jon. I can change the address of the box. I had to since I was still using one box as a stand alone unit connected to the the tv and I didn't want the remote to change the channel on the other box hooked up to the HTPC.

I guess I should make sure that when you say change the address we are talking about the same thing. I changed the address from within the box's menu from 000 to 001, while leaving the other box at 000. So now regardless of the HTPC if I was just using both boxes in a normal situation I would have to use each boxes respective remote to control them. We on the same page?

Also once I purchase your product I am going to have to go into the registry and change things to make this work, or can everything be done from within the BTV interface?

While I am capable of reg edit, I'm really looking for something at this point that is just plug and play. I just want my system to work with the least amount of effort.

My wife is getting tired of never being able to figure out how to make the HTPC work, and after a year or so of tweaking looking for the right hardware/software combination, I'm ready for it to just walk as well.

Thanks again in advance for your time and response.
iflyskyhigh

Postby Frank Mc Alinden » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:30 pm

Hi

Maybe worth having a look at CQC

http://www.charmedquark.com/

HTH
Frank
Frank Mc Alinden

Postby jrhees » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:14 am

I believe with the two boxes set to different addresses, you should be able to do everything else within BTV.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation