Trying to give you something

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Trying to give you something

Postby Dean Roddey » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:43 am

Jon,

I've sent two e-mails over the last couple weeks to the support e-mail but didn't get any reply. I'm not sure if you didn't get them, or you didn't know what to make of them or what. But, just in case there was some miscommunications or something, I figured I'd post something here to make sure before I gave up on it.

I was just fiddling around the other day in Illustrator, which I've been doing a lot of work to learn. And since I was bored of working on the stuff I'd been working on, and had just been to your site to poke through support board, and noticed yet again that you have no logo, I just did one for you.

The sample version (large so you can see the details) is here: http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downlo ... ogo_V2.png

If you want to use it, let me know. If you don't, I'll pass it on to someone else. I just didn't want to give it to someone else before I made sure.
Dean Roddey

Postby Dean Roddey » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:45 am

BTW, the little starbursts are supposed to represent the blaster LEDs blasting out data. I believe that there might be some hidden message in the way the star arms line up with the letters, but I've not been able to make it out yet :D
Dean Roddey

Postby Frank Mc Alinden » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:49 am

Looks Great Dean ;-))

Frank
Frank Mc Alinden

Postby jrhees » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:59 pm

Thanks Dean, I appreciate it. Haven't had much time to look the logo over, but it looks very nice. Not sure if it will be useful to me, though.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Dean Roddey » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:43 am

Brand recognition is important. It really helps to have that recognizable logo and icon that other people can use as a graphical link to your site. If you look at your page that have links to all of use, we all have logos for that reason. It also provides a more 'official' corporate presence on the web. Your web site is very simple so it would be easy to spiff it up significantly and get the new logo integrated into it.

I'd be happy to do it for you, perhaps in trade of some hardware or something so that the cost to you would be minimal. I did our web site, which isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, but yours is so much simpler that it would be easy to make it look nice.
Dean Roddey

Return to Installation