HELP! BTV and Motorola DCT2500

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

HELP! BTV and Motorola DCT2500

Postby bdedi » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:11 am

I have BTV installed (3.5.3), and I just got my USB-UIRT. Have configured it in the application, the TEST works great, but when I change channels on the final test screen the channels don't lock.

It issues the channel change 3 times. So for channel 77 it should be sending 077, 077, 077. It doesn't work that way. It is like the unit is only sending 077, then 77, 77.

Also, I don't know what to make of the timings. With the remote it is just one button after another.

HELP! As of Wednesday my SCI-FI is on DIGITAL and I don't want to miss Friday night's line-up.

Thanks in advance.
Bill
:?:
bdedi

Dunno...

Postby bdedi » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:53 am

Don't know what I did but it is sort of working.. I don't get any '4' being sent from the USB-UIRT. I have trained it several times and it doesn't work. Any ideas?

bill
bdedi

Dunno part 2...

Postby bdedi » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:20 am

Still don't know what I did but it appears to be working fine now. Just hope it stays that way. Now a question. What happens if I add a second box? I have read that I can train this to run based on different 'configs' for the STB. Does the cable company have to do that before I get it?

bill
bdedi

Postby jrhees » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:12 pm

Bill,

What you have to do for a second box depends on the STB manufacturer. Some cable boxes can be reprogrammed to a different IR code 'address'. This allows two cable boxes to sit side-by-side in the same room and be controlled with two separate remotes programmed to the two addresses.

However, most cable boxes don't offer such a feature, which means if you have two in the same room and use the remote, both will respond. In this scenario, you will have to control what each box 'sees' by using low-power stick-on emitters on each cable box and by using the 'zone' feature of the USB-UIRT.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation