Cannot setup Cable box

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Cannot setup Cable box

Postby devnet » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:32 am

This might be a SageTV question...and if so, please let me know so I can post it in the right forum...but I figured someone might have run across this problem also and it does have to do with installation of the UIRT.

Anyways, I goto setup my cable box by adding it in SageTV and when I go to press 0 to set things up...it just sits there. I pressed the 0 for 15 minutes with no reaction from Sage nor the USBUIRT.

Anyone know what I'm missing? I followed directions via the UIRT website and followed the sageTV directions via the user manual. Help is appreciated :)
Insert_Ending_Here
devnet

Postby jrhees » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:47 pm

One thing to make sure you're doing:

When Learning, your remote should be held only a few inches from the USB-UIRT, aimed directly in the face of the USB-UIRT. The LED on the USB-UIRT will blink when holding your remote's buttons while learning if you are close enough.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:13 pm

:( I have the same problem. Strange thing is, the uirt will flash when my remote is set to control any other device except the Sat box and it flashes at 10 ft. away. So whats the answer :?: My sat box is from dish network and I'll post the model no. as soon as I get home.

Jerry

Postby jrhees » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:52 pm

Your remote is a 56KHz remote, which explains why the USB-UIRT does not flash at 10' (since your USB-UIRT model doesn't have the 56KHz long-range sensor). However, this will not prevent you from "learning" from this remote for IR transmission (it *will* prevent you from Learning IR 'events' from this remote for Girder etc.). Just make sure you hold the remote approx 4-6 inches away aimed directly at the USB-UIRT, aimed at a spot just to the left of the red LED.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:33 pm

Jon; I've tried the up close approach a couple of times but have had no success and if I try and use the Sage setup it locks up and Control, Alt, Delete is the only way to get out of it. Any other suggestions would be appreciated :)

Jerry

Postby jrhees » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:00 pm

Jerry,

I ahve heard of some people having problems with Sage 'locking up' when trying to use the Learn wizard. I believe it has something to do with setting up Sage to run as a Windows Service.

I would suggest you email support@usbuirt.com and request the lrnHelper app, which will assist you in learning these codes.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby devnet » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:22 am

Still having the same problem here.

I cannot setup my USBUIRT with my cable box. I've tried holding the remote within a few inches of the USBUIRT with no fix. Still locks up. I've killed the Sage TV Service so that it is not running with no help.

Someone said I couldn't get this running with Windows XP Home SP2...is this correct? Perhaps this is my problem? No one seems to know why this is happening and I can't find anyone else that is having my problems on this forum nor on SageTV's forum.

Why doesn't it want to work?
Insert_Ending_Here
devnet

Postby jrhees » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:03 pm

I'm not aware of any reasons why it wouldn't want to work with XP Home sp2...

I would suggest contacting support and using the test app to get this sorted out.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby devnet » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:39 pm

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthr ... post109606

It was the SageTV Service requiring to be disabled AND stopped. I had only stopped it.

So, in other words, I'm a big moron :D

Or I'm just not that familiar with SageTV yet. Which probably is more likely :)
Insert_Ending_Here
devnet

It works!!

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:59 pm

Tried disabling Sage service, no luck. Them reloaded the UIRT drivers and started over, success!!! The only problem is that my Sat box will go to channel 13 instead of chan 120, could just be the location of the UIRT, will try moving it around and see if this corrects the problem.

Thanks
Jerry :D

Return to Installation