XP Not seeing my USB UIRT

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

XP Not seeing my USB UIRT

Postby Softball Dad » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:28 am

Whatever I do I get "Device working properly" but "Unknown" in Device Manager. New Hardware instal can't see the Latest drivers and the latest firmware does not install (Error - "Can't Load ft8u245.dll").

My unit worked on my last Media PC (after many attempts) before my 'C' drive crashed. Please help! Is therealternative instructions?
Softball Dad

Postby jrhees » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:35 am

If the device shows up in Device Manager as 'Unknown Device', try removing the device from Device Manager and then unplugging and plugging the USB-UIRT back in and see if the New Hardware Found wizard shows up.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Thanks Jon. I tried that again but...

Postby Softball Dad » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:15 pm

I did remove it twice before and now one more time. Each time a message came up "Unknown Device" but the wizard did not start.

When I tried to manually add the device from "system" / "Hardware Wizard", I pointed the wizard to the each directory I downloaded for version 1.3. It could not find the info it was looking for in any of the directories.

Also, I did not receive a CD with the unit. I always used downloaded drivers.

I also downloaded the new firmware and tried to install after I couldn't get the drivers loaded. I kept getting a dll error.

Thanks,
Greg
Softball Dad

Postby jrhees » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:15 pm

Can you explain how the 'Unknown Device' message comes up -- is it a little baloon at the bottom of the screen, etc., and what is the exact wording?

Thanks,

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

XP not recognizing USB UIRT

Postby Softball Dad » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:09 pm

I have my system tray in the bottom right hand corner. It's the message you get when you plug a new USB device in - The bubble that comes up next to the system tray.

I'm at work right now so I can't do it again but I'm fairly certain it says "Unknown Device".
Softball Dad

Postby jrhees » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:31 pm

Please let me know when you get a chance -- depending on the wording, you may have a defective unit!

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

XP not recognizing USB UIRT

Postby Softball Dad » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:49 pm

I will do that. I can't understand how it would be defective now when it wasn't with my other media computer. It's been lying around for about 2.5 months until I built my new computer.

I know it's out of warrenty I've had it since the beginning of the year. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Greg
Softball Dad

PC Now seeing but can't install

Postby Softball Dad » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:11 am

I used Snag-It to copy the dialog boxes if you want to see them. Here is what they say...

1 - "Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard"
2 - "Found new Hardware Wizard" - "This wizard helps you install software for: Infrared"
3 - "Cannot Install this Hardware"
4 - "Please Choose your search and install options."
5 - I pointed Hardware Install to the directory I put the latest drivers from the USB UIRT download web page.
6 - "Cannot Install this Hardware"
7 - "Found New Hardware" - "A problem occured during hardware installation. Your new hardware may not work Properly"

Could upgrading the firmware make it work? I already tried once and it won't install. I get an error message about a file.

Thanks[/list]
Softball Dad

Postby jrhees » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:05 pm

I would like to see the actual image of the dialog in steps #2 and #3 if possible.

Can you email them to support@usbuirt.com

Thanks,

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

I sent the files you requested

Postby Softball Dad » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:26 am

Please let me know if I should send back the unit for configuring, etc.

Thanks,
Greg
Softball Dad

Returned USB UIRT

Postby Softball Dad » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:04 pm

Jon,

You should have received my unit by now. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg
Softball Dad

Postby jrhees » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:48 pm

Greg,

Yes I received your unit and have repaired it and shipped it back out to you. It tested as intermittent. I still don't know why it would say 'Infrared' though.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby Softball Dad » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:08 am

Thanks Jon!

I received it! Hopefully it will work now. If I have to, I will reinstall Windows, Beyond TV, etc. and start all over.

Will let you know the outcome. Thank you for "above and beyond" support!

Greg
Softball Dad

A Big THANKS!

Postby Softball Dad » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:34 pm

Thanks Jon,

The unit is working perfectly! I'm up and running. Everything installed as expected. Thank you for your support. I appreciate it!

Thanks,
Greg
Softball Dad

Same issue, xp will not recognize UIRT

Postby youngdan » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:26 pm

:( I did a reintall of all my software, operating system and all, then after a few months I got a chance to set up my beyond tv again. All was ok untill I tried to use the usb-uirt. It would not change the channels in the test/setup in Beyond TV. Then I checked to see if the drivers were install and they were not. I then tried to install the drivers but winxp will not recognize the device. It comes up as unknown device.
youngdan

Next

Return to Installation