Is USB-UIRT right for me?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Is USB-UIRT right for me?

Postby kyley » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:07 pm

Hi Jon & Others,
I'm considering getting a USB-UIRT instead of the MCE receiver I'm currently using for my Harmony 680 remote because Girder doesn't seem to recognize any command coming in from some of my buttons (so it can't learn an event for them). I'm wondering if the USB-UIRT will allow me to learn events from those buttons? Will it work properly with WinXP MCE 2005?

I don't really need the blaster capability of the USB-UIRT. Are there other IR receivers I should get instead (that would still recognize *all* remote codes as the USB-UIRT claims)?

Also, is there any sort of user guide for the product with Girder? Would I use the built-in UIR/IRMan/... plug-in, and disable the MCE Receiver plug-in? I assume I'll have to relearn all the events that I'd learned with the MCE receiver?

I use an Airboard keyboard/mouse also. Will there be any conflicts with the Airboard receiver?

As a side question, does anyone know where I might find a GML file for using the Harmony as a mouse (where the arrows can be toggled from arrow keys to mouse movement)? I've only been able to get that partly working with the current Girder 4 alpha (slow jerky movement, etc.)... Thanks in advance,
--Kyle
kyley

Return to Installation