USB-UIRT and Dinky Link IR Receiver to Xantech 789-44

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT and Dinky Link IR Receiver to Xantech 789-44

Postby Grog » Thu May 19, 2005 2:46 am

I have a Xantech 789-44 connecting block which accepts a wired connection to the Xantech Dinky Link IR Receiver. I would also like to connect the USB-UIRT IR receiver to the 1/8" stereo jack that is on the 789-44 block. Sounds easy right?

First off can the USB-UIRT connect to the connecting block safely? In the manual for the 789-44 it warns only to connect Xantech emitters
Do not plug in emitters or other devices; it will destroy emitter & damage power supplies!

Secondly, if I can plug the USB-UIRT in, can both the Dinky Link IR Receiver and the USB-UIRT be plugged in at the same time?
Grog

Wiring issue?

Postby Grog » Thu May 19, 2005 7:37 pm

I first want to say that I am not really a wiring person but here I go.

Is having the +12VDC of the connection block hooked up to the USB-UIRT going to be an issue?

Could I just use a 1/8" mono plug?
Or if not, would the following wiring method work?

Hook the Xantech IR Receiver wires (+12VDC / GND / IR OUT ) to a 1/8" stereo plug and plug this into the IR receiver jack on the 789-44 block. Then take the USB-UIRT and hook it up to the GND and IR IN screw down posts. This would avoid having the +12VDC hooked up to the USB-UIRT.
Grog

Called Xantech

Postby Grog » Sun May 29, 2005 2:39 am

Just got off the horn with Xantech and they said that using a Mono Phone plug (thats the 2 connector variety) should work if if I plug it into the IR Receiver jack of the 789-44.

So I try it out. And it works...for a while. At some point the Dinky Link IR Recieve stops working. I get a replacement from the store and I plug it in to the 789-44 block via the screw down posts (without having the USB-UIRT plugged into IR Receiver jack). Nothing. So then I unplug the Dinky Link and plug in the USB-UIRT into the IR Receiver jack, and for a lark I do not plug in power to the block. I am able to transmit IR codes to through the block fine. So I guess that the USB-UIRT transmits with enough power to be able to send signals through the block and power 4 emitters. So now the question is what is wrong with my 789-44 block? Is it just a bad block (or power supply)? Or was it something to do with having two IR Reveivers plugged in at the same time?

A little help someone?
Grog

Return to Installation