USB-UIRT + Girder, versions, multiple FTDI devices, etc...?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT + Girder, versions, multiple FTDI devices, etc...?

Postby nickpelling » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I've just bought USB-UIRT & Girder5 and am having trouble getting them working. Though pressing buttons on various remote control handsets causes the USB-UIRT's red LED to flash (which is presumably good), Girder5 doesn't appear to be receiving these (which is presumably bad).

So... here are some basic questions, any hints and tips would be much appreciated!

(1) Is there any kind of super-simple USB-UIRT debugging app out there? i.e. one that just printf()s what USB-UIRT is seeing?

(2) The USBUIRT.dll on usbuirt.com's website has version 2.6.9.0, while the USBUIRT.dll preinstalled in Girder5 is 3.2.0.0 - which should I use?

(3) Because I already have a couple of FTDI-chipset USB devices installed (an ARM JTAG board and a I2C gizmo), a requester popped up during USB-UIRT install asking me if I wanted to replace a newer version of one of the FTDI driver files with an older version (I said no). Should I be asking jrhees for the "second" USB-UIRT driver, or is there a better way around this?

Thanks!, ....Nick Pelling....
nickpelling

Halfway there...

Postby nickpelling » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:48 pm

OK, the answer to question #2 is that 2.6.9.0 is for Girder3 users, while 3.2.0.0 is for Girder4 and Girder5 users.

But question #1 is still open: are there any simple USB-UIRT debug apps out there?
nickpelling

Return to Installation