GBPVR/DISH Network 301/Hauppage 250 Issues

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

GBPVR/DISH Network 301/Hauppage 250 Issues

Postby evalentine » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:04 pm

Is there an idiots guide to these setups for newbies? Everything that I research on the web just doesn't take the info to the level that I am looking for.

I am using the Hauppage 250. The Hauppage remote works with the hauppage IR of the 250 for traversing and utilizing GBPVR. When I try to get the USB-UIRT working, I can see the lights but I can't get it to work.
I also can't get it to work with my Echostar Dish Network 301 to change channels for recording.

1. It is able to traverse the GBPVR gui by utilizing the Hauppage remote through the USB-UIRT? and able to change the Dish Channels?
2. If so, what should the configuration be? There isn't much of a configuration in GBPVR.
3. Echostar Dish Network 301 - Not available in config - when I try to learn it, it accepts the input, but then I receive nothing. ????
4. Should I utilize BTV or SageTV instead? Is it a better product. Reading throught the forums, I see that it has Dish Network Support in the app itself as far as configuration options?

Thanks,
Eric
evalentine

Postby jrhees » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:55 pm

Eric,

All of the questions you're asking are very GBPVR-specific. The USB-UIRT can accomplish all of this, but it does require app support. If you want to verify that your USB-UIRT can receive from your Hauppage remote as well as change channels on your Dish (i.e., that it is functioning properly), contact support@usbuirt.com and I'll email you a test app.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:43 pm

Thanks Jon, I have also posted in the gbpvr. I appreciate what input you have given me.

:D

Eric

Return to Installation