USB-UIRT controlling Home Built HTPC

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT controlling Home Built HTPC

Postby hdblair » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi All: I just purchased a USB-UIRT so hopefully I can use it to control the HTPC I just built. Specs of the system are in my signature. Basically I have a Harmony 550 remote control and I want it to control my HTPC. I am running Windows 7 RC using Media Center. I used the XP driver for the USB-UIRT and it seems to install ok.

Questions:
(1) Does anyone know if the XP driver does in fact work with Windows 7 RC?
(2) Can in fact I hope to use the USB-UIRT to control my HTPC running Media Center?
(3) Can anyone give me any advice on how to actually get the USB-UIRT and the Harmony 550 talking?

Thankx,
Harold
AMD Athlon X2 7750, ECS A780GM-A, Corsair XMS2 4GB, WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Silverstone LC17-B ATX Case, Logitech Harmon 550 Universal Remote, Logitech Wave Pro Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, Westinghouse 37" HDTV monitor, HDMI to DVI, Windows 7 RC.
hdblair

Postby lmwashere » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Not sure if the XP driver works, but I had zero luck with Windows 7 and the Vista driver.
lmwashere

Postby Datahead » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:34 pm

As to controlling MCE if the MCE came with a remote, it also came with a receiver or HID as I think Windows recognizes it... Yes? If so then all you would need to program the Harmony 550 remote control with the MCE codes. That being said if your trying to interface an automation application or what not to it it gets a little more complicated. With out knowing exactly what your trying to do It difficult to answer. I'll keep an eye on this thread, if I can answer any questions I will.

Ron
Datahead

Return to Installation