Can USB-UIRT do this long distance run?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Can USB-UIRT do this long distance run?

Postby golden3159 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:21 am

First, just wanted to apologize before hand if this has been posted before, but every time I try to search, I get a blank page.

Anyways - right now, im using a crappy eHome receiver that can't seem to put out much power. I'm considering getting a USB-UIRT but im not sure if it will fix my issues.

I've attached a picture of what I am trying to setup. Basically, my question is can USB-UIRT put out enough power to those Xantech amplified blocks? They both have their own power supply, but im not sure if they will be able to get a strong enough signal from the UIRT to begin with.

1. I realize that the UIRT has two zones (obtainable via a splitter). However, I only need one zone - will I still need the stereo > mono splitter?

2. I have also heard that the UIRT only has 5v compared to the Xantech's 12. What will this do to the signal? Especially considering it has to go about 50ft via a 3.5mm stereo cable.

Xantech has assured me that the amplifier itself can handle the distance but that is provided it gets enough signal from the UIRT.

Please see the picture below, thanks a lot!

golden3159

Postby golden3159 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:36 pm

Apparently support for this product is non-existent.
golden3159

Return to Installation