orb wont see my uirt

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

orb wont see my uirt

Postby goknights » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:57 pm

I bought a USB UIRT for use with Orb and followed the instructions posted in their kb.
I completed the
"Click Next and Enter your ZIP, Select your TV Provider from the list"
step. I cannot find however any "Detect" button referred to in the next step. After I hit the "Next" button it just ends the setup procedure without any further prompts. I have installed my USB UIRT successfullly prior to installing Orb. It shows up as working with no problems in the device manager. (I am running Vista Ultimate.) I have tried selecting both " I use Media Center to watch TV" and " I dont use Media Center to watch TV" but neither options lead to an option to "Detect" anything. The TV streaming works fine otherwise though. It's just stuck on the channel that my (FIOS) cable box is set to. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Orb and the UIRT drivers several times both with and without the Orb uninstallation utility. I have tried flashing the UIRT to the latest firmware as well as trying both the Vista as well as the XP drivers for the UIRT. My Computer is an AMD 3200+ with an integrated NVidia Geforce 6200 and an ATI Theater 550 Pro for a TV Tuner (Which again works fine). My understanding is that the UIRT doesn't with with Windows media center so I shouldn't have to set up the UIRT there first or anything. t
I can't think of anything else to try/do. Is there anything wrong with my UIRT?
Thank you,

Ben
goknights

Return to Installation