Harmony One + USB-UIRT + BeyondTV?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Harmony One + USB-UIRT + BeyondTV?

Postby schmoppa » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:15 am

I'm thinking of buying a USB-UIRT. Here is my use case:

I have a Logitech Harmony One universal remote, and an XP Pro-based HTPC running BTV (kept in standby mode when inactive). I have an HD-PVR which controls the cable box.

Will the USB-UIRT would let me use the Harmony One to do the following?

1. wake the HTPC from sleep,
2. launch the BTV Viewscape with a button (since the HTPC won't go to sleep with the Viewscape open)
-or- auto-launch BTV Viewscape after HTPC wakes up based on an activity profile configuration in my universal remote, meaning, I could set one activity for normal BTV usage with the universal remote (which wakes the HTPC and autostarts the Viewscape), and another activity that also wakes the HTPC but doesn't start Viewscape.
3. Navigate BTV Viewscape menus
4. close BTV, hopefully with a key stroke instead of going to the GUI close button
5. And make the computer go to sleep?

Currently I wake the HTPC from standby by moving my wireless mouse. Is there a way to make the HTPC to wake based on a particular IR signal (but not ALL signals, as I obviously use the remote for non-HTPC related activities and don't want to wake the computer every time I push an unrelated button (like volume or channel)?

Thanks!
schmoppa

I know this is old but

Postby Keo » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:22 am

I use eventghost along with the USB-UIRT. It worked pretty good for me.
Keo

Return to Installation