Software

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Software

Postby med001 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:46 am

hi

maybe you can help me. we are looking into this product to control our air-conditioning units, (together with other 3rd party software for monitoring temperatures).

would you be kind enough to suggest any software that will work that has this functionality? ideally it will have a learning feature so as to map it as close as possible to our remote control.

we need this to be able to change AC temperatures over the web.

your immediate attention and reply would be highly appreciated.

Regards
med001

Postby specter333 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:01 am

It's hard to say without knowing exactly the interface your using to control your ac units but look into Event Ghost.

eventghost.org.

It can accept and send just about any IR remote signal with the USB-UIRT. It has a web interface, can interface through the serial port , USB port or just about any other interface you can throw at it.

It's job is to monitor events that take place on your computer, which can be almost anything your computer does, and when it receives one you specify it sends an event in response, again just about anything a computer can do it can control.

ie. receives an IR signal from a remote (any remote you choose, doesn't have to be the one that controls your ac) and sends an event over the web to another computer running Event Ghost. That computer sends an IR signal, read from your original ac remote, through another USB-UIRT to the AC units. That's assuming your ac units use an IR remote since your posting on this forum, if not it will most likely work with whatever interface you are using.

It will even display on on screen remote that you control with the mouse. I use an old pocket PC for my remote, it's replaced 6 other remotes and I can build my own remote pages and name the buttons anything I want.

I think Event Ghost along with the USB-UIRT will probably do what you wanting.

Oh yeah, It's free.

Good luck
Rich
specter333

Return to Installation