UIRT not recognized as installed by lrnhelper or by SageTV

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

UIRT not recognized as installed by lrnhelper or by SageTV

Postby smarty » Tue May 20, 2008 12:42 pm

The issue is that my USB-UIRT is not being recognized by Sage or even by the IR LrnHelper software.

My system is an XP Pro (all updates applied). I have downloaded and installed the latest XP drivers from the UIRT site. Under "Hardware Management", it appears that all USB functionality is OK.

I have the UIRT phyisically connected to the computer, all drivers installed, and all SHOULD work, but SageTV will not let me select the USB-UIRT menu choice. It gives me an error message "Failed Setting the Infrared Transmitter port. Please ensure that it is connected and no there are no other programs are using it"; acting as if the UIRT is not connected (or is not connected properly).

The lrnhelper also gives me the same error message, so I assume the problem is outside of SageTV. I have unistalled and re-installed the drivers etc. I know the UIRT works (cause is works on my PH machine).

(I don't believe any other software is using the UIRT, but when I load up PowerHome and intentionally use the UIRT on the same system, it does work).

So why DOESN'T sage recognize and then let me use the UIRT?
Elk-Insteon-GeoVision-RCS-DMC1-PowerHome-Xlobby- SageTV
smarty

Re: UIRT not recognized as installed by lrnhelper or by Sage

Postby massey4 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:38 am

smarty wrote:The issue is that my USB-UIRT is not being recognized by Sage or even by the IR LrnHelper software.

(I don't believe any other software is using the UIRT, but when I load up PowerHome and intentionally use the UIRT on the same system, it does work).

You need to make sure that no other software, such as some obscure PowerHome system service, doesn't have its hooks into the USB-UIRT driver. It will cause symptoms similar to what you are describing. Look HERE for the problem I've experienced.
massey4

Return to Installation