help cant set up usb uirt with beyond tv

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

help cant set up usb uirt with beyond tv

Postby Lgurall » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:11 am

i was trying to set up this usc uirt with beyond tv. it will train but when i test it no light blinks. i dont know what else to try i reinstalled it and updated firmware. can anyone help
Lgurall

Postby fmagic » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:47 am

I am also having the same problem. I am using a Motorola DCT-700 from Verizon (FiOS). I am using Snapstream Beyond TV 4.7 on Windows Vista Ultimate Edition. I am able to train the remote and confirm each digit, but when I go to test the transmitter, nothing happens. I have tried placing it close and far from the cable box, and also using an external cable with an emitter, but still nothing at all. Anyone else able to get this combination to work? What settings work best for the speed and repeat settings in the Beyond TV Wizard for this setup?
Mike Mitchell
Paoli, PA
fmagic

Postby fmagic » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:11 am

I was able to get my USB-UIRT running by opening the web admin and changing the following settings under the tuner Edit Settings screen:

Tuning settings
Video Broadcast Source: Cable (cable box)
External Tuning: USB-UIRT
Select Cable/Satellite Box: Verizon DCT700 (trained in setup wizard)
Device Name: USB-UIRT
Zone: None

I may go back and try the Motorola DCT-2000 profile eventually since they all use the same remote, but since it appears to be working pretty well, I am leaning towards not changing anything!
Mike Mitchell
Paoli, PA
fmagic

Postby cwest » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:48 pm

[quote="fmagic"]I was able to get my USB-UIRT running by opening the web admin and changing the following settings under the tuner Edit Settings screen:

If you're referring to BTV's web interface (http://localhost:8129), I clicked through all the pages and couldn't find anyway to edit the tuners settings. Where are they?
cwest

Postby fmagic » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:29 am

cwest wrote:If you're referring to BTV's web interface (http://localhost:8129), I clicked through all the pages and couldn't find anyway to edit the tuners settings. Where are they?

Click Settings on the left side.
Click Audio & Video Inputs.
Click Edit Settings located on the same line as your tuner.
Select "Show more options" in the pulldown.
Mike Mitchell
Paoli, PA
fmagic

Postby njhardcore » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:08 pm

that didnt do jack for me... got the same problem
njhardcore

Postby wenbeanchu » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:53 pm

same problem with able to "train" but black box don't response to "test" with XP Pro.. can anyone help!! ??
wenbeanchu

Postby cwest » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:43 pm

I've still not solved the problem of the USB-UIRT not transmitting. AFAIK, no one else has either. I suspect those that say they have weren't dealing with the same issue—they were most likely fixing a mis-configuration.

What I'd like to diagnose the problem is s tool that'll cause the device to transmit independently of any third part application such as Snapstream. Appreciate any suggestions.
cwest

Postby mattC » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:54 am

i also cant get it to do anything besides train.

i'm running xp pro x64 sp1(i refuse to use sp2 because it severely screwed up my computer before), beyond tv 4.7, with a Scientific Atlantic Explorer 3200 cable box (Comcast Digital)
mattC

Postby cwest » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:19 pm

I believe I've solved my problem. In summary, the phenomenon of the UIRT not transmitting was caused by the sequence in which software was installed that calls the UIRT driver. This what I did.

I obtained a driver/device tester from the owner of the device—Jon Rees I believe. When I ran the software, which is very easy to do btw, capturing and transmitting worked flawlessly. I couldn't get it to fail. Therefore, it had to be something else interfering with the UIRT/driver.

I uninstalled Snapstream's software. I used Total Uninstall to make sure I cleaned out the registry and all traces (www.martau.com). XP's Add/Remove Programs isn’t the best to use, imho. I left the UIRT/driver installed. I then re-installed SnapStream's BTV. I was able to remotely change channels through BTV. That is, the UIRT was transmitting. I then installed Snapstream's Firefly remote and I was still able to remotely change channels (with the Firefly device).

However, I found that installing the UIRT/driver AFTER installing Snapstream's Firefly remote, I wasn't able to remotely change channels. I think Snapstream ought to take another look at their routines. I'd suggest someone was careless in their coding/linking.
cwest

Return to Installation