USBUIRT and Girder plugin lose connection after S3 resume

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

USBUIRT and Girder plugin lose connection after S3 resume

Postby liborc » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:59 pm

Hello,

I have searched in vain all the topics in this forum to get my USBUIRT setup to work.

I have modified the registry to allow my XP to go to suspend, I have flashed the code to my USBUIRT to make it wake the computer from S3 Suspend To RAM (STR). The computer wakes up, however, USBUIRT is unrecognized by the plugin after wakeup.

After resume, I hear the USB unplug/plug dong sounds (both of them) and the USBUIRT plugin in Girder loses contact with the device. It is enough to press F9 in Girder (Girder Disable, to disable all input devices) and again F9 (Girder enable to enable all input devices). Everything works perfectly then until the next Resume from Suspend.

I have tried to check the checkbox allowing to restart the USBUIRT driver after reboot. It only causes USBUIRT to be disabled in the Device Manager after the Resume. Then, when I re-enable it there, I still have to reinitialize Girder to make it work.

Please advise on what I should do - I believe I have tried everything that was written in this forum and still no go...

Many thanks,

Libor
liborc

Return to Installation