Here's my setup, not sure why each piece is needed

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Here's my setup, not sure why each piece is needed

Postby kimputer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:29 pm

I am running BTV 4.6 and have a FireFly remote. I purchased a USB UIRT because I think I need it to control my DishTV Satellite STB. I tried to set everything up but its not working right. When I try to change the channel with the FF remote, BTV changes but the UIRT doesn't blink or anything to transmit to the STB. Here's the steps I took to install:

1. Installed UIRT with drivers
2. Installed FF with drivers
3. Installed BTV
-selected USB UIRT as tuning device in setup wizard
-trained the UIRT (all numbers checked off)
-BTV tested the STB with UIRT successfully

Once this was complete I thought I could then just start using the remote with BTV. Then I read more and found out I need Girder (is this right?)

So then...
4. Installed Girder 4.0
-copied FF plug in and USB UIRT plug in and selected them in the plug-in area of Girder
-added remote in Girder and tested it and it detected the button press

Still, once I tried just using the remote, BTV would detect the button presses but USB UIRT isn't transmitting anything.

I am confused as to what the role of Girder has in this setup. My understanding is that the Firefly receiver picks up button presses (using RF). Then the FF drivers tell BTV to do something based on what button was pressed. BTV then tells the USB UIRT to tell the STB what to do (using IR). Where does Girder play into the equation?

Sorry so many questions, I just really want to understand all of this!
kimputer

Return to Installation