USB-UIRT problems with STANDBY/RESUME

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT problems with STANDBY/RESUME

Postby vinmen » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:30 pm

I'm a new user of USB-UIRT (previously owner of UIRT2)

I have a problem with resuming after standby similar to those posted in old threads (I already searched for an existing solution, tried with various suggestions, without success).

The situation is this:

I use USB-UIRT with Girder 3.2.8, but i also tried with test program lrnhelper 3-4-5 :roll: , so i don't think that caller program is important.

If I enable "restart driver after wakeup" the situation is that i find USB-UIRT not enabled in Device Manager after resume and consequently Girder non working.

With "restart driver" disabled, the device is enabled in device manager, but is in error state inside Girder (or lrnhelper), so I have to disable plugins with F9 and reenable to work correctly.

The same situation is if enable only USB-UIRT plugin with a dedicated command in Girder.

Now the strange part: If the pc is resuming automatically at specified time (I use it for pvr ) this procedure doesn't work until i move manually mouse or press a key, for instance these actions reenable monitor that otherwise is not active, differently from manual resume.

I tried with some DIY code to generate these actions after auto resume and there is no way to re-enable USB-UIRT inside Girder, until i touch manually computer, obviously this is not wanted behaviour for PVR recording :shock:

The final touch is that if I use Suspend mode instead of standby USB-UIRT works perfectly with Girder, but in this case I can't use my pvr recording program.

Any idea about this behaviour ?

Thanks

Vincenzo
vinmen

Return to Installation