Netremote, USB-UIRT and NRIRServ

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Netremote, USB-UIRT and NRIRServ

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:53 pm

Can’t get this to work…

1. I’ve downloaded the USB-UIRT Windows driver v1.3 from Jon Rhees USB-UIRT site and unzipped them
2. Plugged in the USB-UIRT and when the driver installation screen comes up, I point it at the downloaded drivers. Installation goes fine
3. Installed Netremote Pro and NRIRserv on my media server, with autostart of NRIRserv
4. Made an instance of Indfrared plugin in Netremote on the client side (a notebook with XP). Got the instance value of -3
5. Set the port number the same (default on the plugin properties was 19001 – NRIRserv 8081)

But – there is no reaction when I try press some buttons (imported into Tonto from a Pronto CCF) in the Netremote window…

What do I do wrong? Do I need a special driver for the USB-UIRT for Netremote (bought it some time back – and don’t have the installation info that came in a note from Jon Rhees at the time)…

Pls help if you can. It’s driving me nuts.

Postby jrhees » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:20 pm

Netremote has gone through a lot of changes lately -- your best bet is to post this question on the NetRemote forums since this is a NRIRServer setup issue. If you want to confirm your USB-UIRT is working properly, contact support@usbuirt.com and I'll send you a simple test app..

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation