New with the USB-UIRT device, so some newbie questions :)

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

New with the USB-UIRT device, so some newbie questions :)

Postby sanderdvd » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:49 pm

Hi Folks,

I m from Holland and Im new with the USB-UIRT device. First let me tell you what I use:

I have the USB-UIRT device
I have Girder 4
I ve installed the USB-UIRT 2.6.9 plugin for Girder
I ve installed TheaterTek on my pc (dvd software)
I ve installed the .GML file for TheaterTek

So, after some working I got things a little work now. I ve learned my Logitech Harmony Remote 525 some commands via Girder and now it works......A LITTLE! Problem is that when I press eg. skip forward when TheaterTek is running, he goes to the next chapter, that s normal. BUT..... when I press again on next chapter than, he doesn t respond. After pushing next chapter AGAIN than, he responds and TheaterTek goes to the next chapter. So everytime I want to go to a next chapter I have to push next 2x. It also doenst help to wait 2-3 seconds between pushin the next button on my remote. In this case I still have to press it 2x times......
But there is something strange:
When pushin next chapter and than previous chapter and than next chapter and than previous chapter and so on, I do not have to push the buttons 2 times!
What could this be?

I ve set the anti-repeat for all commands in the Girder settings on 250. When setting it to a lower value TheaterTek goes from eg. chapter 16 to 18 when pushing next chapter. On 250ms he goes from 16 to 17, from 17 to 18, ans so on......

There are also some settings in girder which I do not understand and maybe has something to do with this problem. If they are not related to this problem my second question is where the following 3 settings are for:

- Generate Girder 4.x REPEAT/OFF event modifiers
- Debounce IR events for ......(choose 50-1000) ms (generate REPEAT for same IR code received before timeout)
- Generate OFF events after debounce timeout

Thanks for all help!
Sorry for my very bad English. Hope you guys understand and give me some advise with to too difficult technical words......

Greetings from Sander Heijnen from the Netherlands.
sanderdvd

Postby Bitmonster » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:58 pm

It seems you use an IR code, that has a "toggle bit". Typical candidates are RC5-codes (Philips) for example. Just try another branch, like Sony-Codes on your Harmony.

I'm sure Girder has an option to handle such alternating codes somewhere, but since I don't use Girder anymore, I can't say you where.

In EventGhost you simply have to learn the event twice to get arround this.
Bitmonster

Return to Installation