dishnetwork pvr 625 satellite codes not learned

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

dishnetwork pvr 625 satellite codes not learned

Postby astropolly » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:36 pm

I just installed my usb-uirt, and I'm trying to use it with Girder (also just installed - newest version). I have the right plug in, and I enabled it, but I am having trouble learning the codes.

THis is a dual PVR, and I am positive that I am using the IR remote to learn from. When I use the TV function (by pressing TV), the codes are recorded just fine. I can get codes for the numbers, channel up and down and other TV functions. Of course the satellite only buttons do not function.
When I switch to the satellite funtions (by pressing SAT button), I can't learn any codes. I've tried all the buttons, and the only ones that work are the TV only buttons (TV power, volume and mute)

My first thought was that the remote was sending out UHF codes, but I have verified that it is indeed sending IR.

I'm totally lost on this, and any help I can get I would appreciate. This is a Christmas present for my husband who is paralyzed so that he can control the TV himself, so I hope to get it working very soonl
astropolly

Postby jrhees » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:19 am

Please contact support@usbuirt.com and we'll try to debug this...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation