Is there a way to retransmit every IR code received?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Is there a way to retransmit every IR code received?

Postby LehighBri » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:43 am

I connected an external transmitter to my stereo receiver that is hidden in a bookcase. Is there a way to transmit every code USB-UIRT receives so that I can use my stereo remote to control my receiver while it is out of view?
LehighBri

Postby benow » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:17 pm

The only way I can think of doing this would be to write a little repeater program that traps sends and retransmits them. It would require mapping all the buttons to the command (via lircmd), which is a bit awkward) and would slow things down... but it might be possible. I don't know of any hardware-level repeat function.
benow

Postby LehighBri » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:16 am

Do you know of anyway to transmit via Girder 3.3 and USB-UIRT? I just want to send a volume up/down and power command through USB-UIRT to my receiver in my hidden cabinet.
LehighBri

Postby jrhees » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:23 pm

You can create a command in Girder and the choose "USB-UIRT" from the plugins tab and then learn the code to be transmitted.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby LehighBri » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:30 pm

Thanks jrhees. Works great.

Would you happen to have any documentation on what the other options in the USB-UIRT driver screen are (e.g. thresh, speed) etc? It would be great to help me with tweaking my system.
LehighBri

Return to Installation