Installation Question - Learning IR Codes

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Installation Question - Learning IR Codes

Postby klindy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:14 am

I just received my USB-UIRT today and of course I want to put it to work. I was able to install all the drivers and apparently get everything working properly.

I was able to find a small utility in one of the threads called "USB-UIRT Learn Helper Utility". I can use it to 'learn' an IR code when I use the remote in front of the receiver.

My question is this. I want to learn the IR codes from the remote to control my Elan Z-series equipment. I want to use these IR codes to work with CQC to control the system. How do I capture all the IR codes? Do I need Girder? Some other utility I haven't found? Copy/Paste what I see in the Learn Helper Utility?

Ultimately these will go into a CQC driver which will allow integrated control but I'm stuck with learning the codes!

Any help would be appreciated!
Keith
klindy

Help!!

Postby klindy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:46 am

Ok, I was able to sort out how to do something with the codes once I learn them. Unfortunately something must be wrong with the USB-UIRT device.

I was able to use the Learn Utility to test 2 or 3 codes. Since then the IR LED flickers less than 1/2 as bright as it did. And no codes are actually learned by the device.

I have tried using 4 different remote, changing batteries, using a different USB port (and they are working since the mouse and keyboard work), and two different programs to capture the IR signal. Nothing works.

Can I test the functionality in any other way?

One peculiar thing is each time I moved the device to a different USB port Windows XP recognized it as a new device and asked to install the drivers.

Help!
Keith
klindy

Postby jrhees » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:30 pm

Keith,

Please contact support@usbuirt.com

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation