Problem with USB UIRT and HomeSeer 2.0 on Windows MCE2005.

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Problem with USB UIRT and HomeSeer 2.0 on Windows MCE2005.

Postby dingoinde » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:16 am

I am having a problem with USBUIRT and HomeSeer. I had everything running and lost my OS drive. When I reinstalled everything, USB UIRT loads up fine but when you go to learn IR command in HomeSeer, the learning window does not pop up. Also the config dialog box does not come up in the interface selection screen. I dont see any errors or see any tasks in task manager that are running away. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help
dingoinde

Postby alders » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:00 pm

Are you sure the UIRT forms are not just hiding behind the HS forms/ Mine do.
Gerard Alders
alders

Hidden Popups.

Postby dingoinde » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:07 pm

No, it is not hidden. I remember it did that originally. Does that window get popped up by the browser or the service? Does HomeSeer's service require some setting so that it appears? I am really missing all of the macros that we had running in the home theater. I loaded girder last night and it seems to have no problems reading the usb uirt, but I would like to avoid having girder running. The functionality in HomeSeer works well for me.
dingoinde

Problem Solved!!

Postby dingoinde » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:08 pm

It seems that with the latest version of homeseer does not set the service to allow it to interact with desktop. When I set the service to interact with desktop the missing window appeared. I am assuming that it was there but hidden the whole time. [/code]
dingoinde

Return to Installation