getting USB-UIRT to work on the latest stuff

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

getting USB-UIRT to work on the latest stuff

Postby brw02005 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:56 am

I switched from winxp pro to fedora core 5 linux for my htpc and am now using mythtv instead of gbpvr. I suggest eventghost for those of you in windows space and want a free way to use the USB-UIRT. I installed the latest of everything by following the fedora myth howto and now that I have everthing up and going I want to get lirc working with my usb-uirt. The rpm installed lirc 0.8 and besides starting the lircd service I haven't the slightest on how to get this thing working. I installed this from yum atrpms for lirc but all the instructions are for an older version of lirc compiled from source for gentoo. I'll gladly uninstall the rpms and compile from source but I need a patch that wiill work for lirc 0.8 or if its build into .8 could someone explain to me how to set it up. My mythtv version is .19 and I don't know if older versions of lirc will work. This is my last step towards a full linux HTPC with a server backend and wireless remote frontedn. Thanks in advace for your help and I hope it wasn't just luck that got me this far.
brw02005

Postby MM » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:19 pm

MM

Return to Installation