Girder control of satellite receiver using Sage PVR

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Girder control of satellite receiver using Sage PVR

Postby Lester Jacobs » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:35 pm

First of all let me state that I do realize that there is a plugin for SageTV to handle the usbuirt. However, that's not what I'm looking for.

What I want to do is have SageTV change channels on my satellite receiver as necessary and in addition I need to implement various other commands through Girder to send codes to my other home theatre equipment (turn on/of amp, etc) This way I can centralize control through one remote.

It seems to me that the only way to do this is to give Girder complete control of the usbuirt and have SageTV send channel changes using its exetunerplugin DLL.

The trouble is that the tuner DLL only sends complete channel numbers (AFAIK) such as '123' as opposed to single digit channel numbers such as '1' followed by '2' followed by '3'.

So, the problem is, do I have to create Girder commands for each possible channel (e.g. 1,2,3...156, 157, 158,...etc) which would be a ton of work or is there some simple way which is eluding me at present of simply creating Girder commands for numbers 0 through 9 and then somehow splitting up the input from the tuner DLL to send the discrete single digits?

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Lester
Lester Jacobs

Postby jrhees » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:52 pm

Lester,

Actually, you *dont* have to have Girder control all trasnmissions out of the USB-UIRT. The USB-UIRT architecture is designed so that multiple applications can 'share' the device. What this means is that you can have Sage set up to fully utilize the USB-UIRT and *also* have Girder send out IR commands...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:24 am

jrhees wrote:Lester,

Actually, you *dont* have to have Girder control all trasnmissions out of the USB-UIRT. The USB-UIRT architecture is designed so that multiple applications can 'share' the device. What this means is that you can have Sage set up to fully utilize the USB-UIRT and *also* have Girder send out IR commands...

-Jon

Now THAT'S cool! :D That just solved all my problems

Thanks for the quick reply!

Lester

Return to Installation