Stop USBUIRT from recieving IR signal?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Stop USBUIRT from recieving IR signal?

Postby Phantom » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:32 am

Hi,
I've had my USBUIRT for a while now and love it. But I recently changed my sage Tv setup, and no longer have a need for the usbuirt to receive signal, only transmit. The reason for this is that sometimes another IR device will interfere when the USBUIRT tries to transmit. Is there anyway (besides blocking it off) of making the USBUIRT transmit only? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nelson
Phantom

Postby jrhees » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:13 pm

Phantom,

Even if the USB-UIRT could no longer receive, I believe that would not solve your problem. If you indeed have another IR device transmitting, if the USB-UIRT ignored it and transmitted as well, then the sat/cable box the USB-UIRT is controlling wouldn't respond anyway (since it would see two colliding IR signals).

Thoughts?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Stop Recieving

Postby Phantom » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:03 am

The Sat box isn't the problem. I have a IR keyboard & mouse. When I use them, the red light on the USB-IRT blinks. So if my SAGETV is trying to change channels while I'm doing something with the keyboard, because the red light flashes for the KB, it skips a beat when Sage is changing. Make sense???
Phantom

Postby jrhees » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:26 pm

Yes, but the problem still holds -- since the keyboard is sending IR, if the USB-UIRT ignored the keyboard's IR, the keyboard's IR would still collide with the USB-UIRT IR and create an unusable signal for the Sat receiver.

In any case, the USB-UIRT will still transmit all of the digits from Sage -- but with a small delay while it receives IR.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation