Dish PVR508 and USB-UIRT?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Dish PVR508 and USB-UIRT?

Postby mkg » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:17 am

Just purchased a Dish PVR508 and am considering getting the USB-UIRT to control the PVR from my computer so I can tune in to "TV" with BeyondTV. Will the USB-UIRT be able to directly send signals/control to the 508? If not, do I need the 56KHZ add-on to learn the commands? The 508 uses the Silver Remote with UHF and IR.

Any help is appreciated.

Markus
mkg

Postby jrhees » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:32 am

You should be able to use the USB-UIRt to control your Dish box without problems. You do not need the 56Khz option *unless* you want to use the Dish remote to trigger events on your PC. The USB-UIRT can 'learn' your remote with its short-range wideband sensor.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

I disagree

Postby russp » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:06 pm

I've had nothing but trouble with USB uirt and Dish boxes. I had a 7200 box for a long while and never got the USB Uirt/Snapstream/ and the 7200 dish box to work together reliably. I finally gave up. Recently I got a 510 PVR dish box (pretty sure its called the 510 so I don't know how that relates to the 508) and again tried to train the remote. No luck in the latest BeyondTV trainer. Back when I was trying to get the 7200 working Jon provided good support and a helper app by which I could build an irtuner file outside of BeyondTV. I need to go back to my old emails and learn how to do that again and see if I can get it to work. I'll be glad to share the irtuner file with you if I can achieve success or please share yours if you achieve success.

Use this email (not my main email so I don't care much about spam):
rpjunk1@bellsouth.net

- Russ
russp

Postby jrhees » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:16 pm

RussP,

You shouldn't have such problems! Please send me the your irtuner file if you have one. HOWEVER, I believe BTV has presets for Dish STB's and probably any Dish profile would work without having to train...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation