Need to blast wall

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Need to blast wall

Postby johnnybwis » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:21 am

What would be the best way to do this. I recently installed mini blind controls and need to blast that wall with ir to control them. My usbuirt points away from that wall and controls my AV system by bouncing off the adjacent wall. It will not control the mini blinds though. I would think I would need to to use an emitter attached to some kind of a blaster pointing at this wall. Any sugestions on how I should do this?
johnnybwis

Postby jrhees » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:02 pm

You may want to consider a small stick-on style emitter attached to the blind's receiver...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby johnnybwis » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:08 pm

I really don't want to be running a wire up the wall to these four windows. It would be very noticable
johnnybwis

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:21 am

Would a powermind in the same room as the usbuirt cause problems with duplicate signals?

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:34 pm

Hmmm...it very well might...

-Jon

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:22 pm

Ok, I think I know how I can do this. I have an emitter in my basement that runs a receiver. I can put the powermid down there to receive that signal and put the blaster in my livingroom were the usbuirt blaster is. I would then set the basment emitter up as a zone that only emits the ir for the blinds and the receiver. The powermid blaster would then only emit those two ir types and not duplicate signals that the usbuirt is blasting to my AV system. I just hope I can get a strong enough siginal from the powermid to get all four windows on that wall.

johnnybwis

Return to Installation