USB-UIRT Driver needed with Beyond TV?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

USB-UIRT Driver needed with Beyond TV?

Postby Rosebuddy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:24 am

I wouldn't ask this but I read a post telling a guy not to install USB-UIRT driver if using Beyond TV3. Is this true? I haven't installed the driver & I can't get any action with the IRT. Any feed back here will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Ted
Rosebuddy

Postby Rosebuddy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:20 pm

I'll Answer it myself cuz I tried it. YES! The Driver from the USBUIRT website is needed when installing USB-UIRT with BTV3. No other software is mandatory for it to work.
Rosebuddy

USB-UIRT - no green light, but!

Postby Newbie » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:55 am

I get a red light whenever I press remotes buttons, simulated on Sat Reciever! Have installed driver, BeyondTV 3.5, but I am on DIrecTV with a Phillips DSX-5500 Reciever. I cannot get a green light on the unit, but have green indicator on GUI for Girder.
Any help would be appreciated. I must not have done something right.

Postby jrhees » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:28 pm

newbie,

Are you trying to use the USB-UIRT with BTV to control your DirecTV receiver (change channels)? If so, you do not need Girder.

There is no green light on the USB-UIRT.

If you are indeed using the USB-UIRT to change channels on your DirecTV receiver from BTV, then you simply need to go back into BTV's setup and configure it to use the USB-UIRT as an external tuning device.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation