usb-uirt failed to be recognized.

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

usb-uirt failed to be recognized.

Postby simon » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:44 am

When I plugged in the device my XP computer said unknown USB device instead of recognizing it as USB-UIRT. I tried this on another computer and the same thing occurred. Is the device faulty?

Simon
simon

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:42 pm

Did you install the drivers?

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:40 pm

Unfortunately the Hardware installation wizard won't install the drivers because it doesn't recognize the device. It calls it an unknown USB device rather than USB-UIRT as described in the installation instructions.

If I try to manually browse to where I unzipped them it claims the appropriate drivers aren't there, presumably because it has to match the name to the device.

I have had a reply from the support people at usbuirt telling me that it's most likely to be faulty so I am going to return it for a replacement.

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:50 am

I have the same problem.
Does anybody can help me?

Postby jrhees » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:53 pm

Please contact USB-UIRT support (support@usbuirt.com) and we'll look into this.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:13 pm

All you have to do is try to plug it in few times and make sure it goes in firmly, some times it does not work from first time, contacts problem or something. I had same problem.

Postby Downunder » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:29 am

I seem to be having the same problem when USBUIRT is installed for the first time it responds with "USB Device not Recognised", tried on three computers with the same result .... all running XP.

Tried to manually get it to load drivers, no luck ... any ideas please ?
Downunder

Postby Downunder » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:00 pm

Jon,

Great support ! ..... we are now up and running.

Thankyou
Downunder

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:43 pm

Downunder,

What was your solution???

Failed Setting Infrared Transmitter Port

Postby oba01 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:53 am

I am getting this message when going through the SageTV setup. The USB-UIRT shows up in the list of tuning plugins, but when selected, it shows the error:
Failed Setting Infrared Transmitter Port

I have uninstalled Girder (the only other thing I could think of that would be using the UIRT).
I have rebooted several times.
I have tried a different USB port.
It is plugged into the USB port on the motherboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
oba01

Rebooting Again

Postby oba01 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:50 am

Well, I just rebooted since my last post and it appears to be working now. Please keep in mind that I rebooted multiple times before even posting. Is this typical, or could I have a bad unit?

Just thought I would post this for those who may have similar issues in the future.

Fyi, this is a dedicated box that only serves up SageTV to one client at this point.
oba01

Return to Installation