Homeseer and girder

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Homeseer and girder

Postby johnnybwis » Sun May 30, 2004 4:20 am

I want to use Girder to control myHTPC and Homeseer for controling my infrared remote needs (tv stereo) but only one program will see the usbuirt at a time. Can I have both programs us the usbuirt?
johnnybwis

Postby Treetop » Sun May 30, 2004 5:12 pm

I don't know the answer, so I won't even try to make something up.

Are you using the HSC.exe? or the HS USB-UIRTPlug-in? Or the Girder Plug-in "hsgirder"?

Regardless, if you post this same question at CocoonTech.com, I bet a few people will be able to help you. 'Course you could always try to search for the answer at the HomeSeer Message Board.

Sorry I can't really be of any help, other than pointing out some other places that may. Granted, Jon may know also, saving you the time of looking for the answer.

Treetop
"... if all my possessions were taken from me with one exception, I would choose to keep the power of communication, for by it I would soon regain all the rest."

Daniel Webster
Treetop

Postby Treetop » Sun May 30, 2004 5:44 pm

Well, I have been considering purchasing HS for a while and Im getting a little closer to pushing that button, so I figured I'd ask over at cocoontech, about this and other things related to its set-up. This is the thread if you want to follow along.... or join in.
"... if all my possessions were taken from me with one exception, I would choose to keep the power of communication, for by it I would soon regain all the rest."

Daniel Webster
Treetop

Postby johnnybwis » Sun May 30, 2004 9:33 pm

I use hsgirder for netremote and the hspi_uirt.ocx plug-in for the usbuirt both on Homeseer. I also have the most recent trial version of girder that I am using to control myHTPC. I did send an emial to Jon who has been very quick to respond on previous usbuirt questions.
The Homeseer does have a trial if want to take it for a test drive, at least thats how I eased into it about a year ago.
johnnybwis

Postby Guest » Mon May 31, 2004 2:38 am

Thanks to Jon's email response

Later version of both the Girder plugin and the USB-UIRT API will allow
'sharing' between multiple apps (this was one of the original 'lofty' design
goals of the USB-UIRT). Make sure you're using a later girder plugin

Everything is working

Return to Installation