new usb-uirt failed the test

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

new usb-uirt failed the test

Postby Guest » Mon May 17, 2004 10:55 pm

just received a new usb uirt and it doesn't pass the cable channel changes test in the setup wizard.

maybe my remote needs training(i keep reading about training the remote) but i don't know how to do this.

i have a motorola cable box(i believe model 2244). i have the silver remote that comes with the pvr250.

i am using btv.

i can watch live tv--the audio is fine---i can record fine--i can't change my cable box stations with the remote and btv doesn't change my cable box stations.

now if i can just get the remote to do something i will be a happy camper.

os---win2k pro

winclk :(

Postby jrhees » Tue May 18, 2004 3:25 pm

BTV comes with many pre-defined setups for various cable and satellite boxes. However, if none of the pre-defined setups works for your equipment, you will need to have BTV 'learn' the IR codes from your cable/sat box's remote control.

To do this, go through the BTV wizard and it will prompt you to press each of your remote control buttons in turn so that it can learn each one. When going through this procedure, remember the following tips:

1. When prompted to press a remote button, aim the remote control directly at the face of the USB-UIRT, just to the left of the red LED (aim directly, not at an angle), at a distance of about 4 inches. Then PRESS AND HOLD the button on the remote. The red LED on the USB-UIRt will blink durning the learning process, and BTV will prompt you when to release the button.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation