How to instll latest firmware?

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

How to instll latest firmware?

Postby Guest » Sat May 15, 2004 10:16 pm

ok, feel like a total idiot; been using USB-UIRT for 6 months, having some issues, think firmware may be the issue. I downloaded V1.3 [i assume that's the firmware; couldn't find a firmware link anywhere]. Ran the FTD2XXUN program; it "uninstalled my drivers", but now I can't figure out what program o run to reinstall them.

A prior post said to run the UUFlash, but I don't have that anywhere. What do I do?

oy, what have I done?

Postby Guest » Sat May 15, 2004 10:30 pm

Ok, found a post that discussed latestfirmware.zip, but now I can't run it as my drivers are done gone due to my actions in the prior step. And ow I can't figure out how/where to put them back.

trying to dig myself out of this hole...

Postby jrhees » Mon May 17, 2004 3:39 pm

Sounds like you're battling a different issue -- your firmare version is probably fine but you need to get the Windows PC drivers reinstalled.

The best way to do this is to go into Device Manager in Windows and find the USB-UIRT device. There will probably be a yellow exclamation mark next to it. Choose it and select 'Reinstall Drivers'

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon May 17, 2004 6:18 pm

I tried that but it didn't work.

What I ended up doing is "forcing" windows to use the V1.3 drivers by selecting them myself via the "I will choose which drivers to install manually" option in the driver install menu. It started working, but let me know if that was a bad thing to do.

I was doing this in hopes of battling the multiple IR codes per button push. That's in the other post.

Thanks for the help, btw.

Postby jrhees » Mon May 17, 2004 8:26 pm

Hmmm, I have no idea why you had to do that...?

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Return to Installation