Xantech USB-UIRT GRAFIK EYE and Computer

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Xantech USB-UIRT GRAFIK EYE and Computer

Postby Tolahouse » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:57 pm

Is this possible at all -

I have a Xantech receiver in the front of my room with a connecting block in the closet at the back of the room. All stereo and computer stuff are in this closet. At the back of the room I have a Lutron Grafik Eye which is connected to the Xantech block by an emitter.

As of now I can control the Grafik Eye with my remote via the xantech. What I want to do is also have the ability to use the computer to control the grafik - like dim the lights when a movie starts or bring them up when it finishes.

So here's my thinking - connect an emitter to the xantech block and place this on the front of the USB-UIRT at the same time connect the external IR emitter from the USB-UIRT to the block. This way I could use my remote to control both the computer and all other equipment and let the computer also be able to control the lights from commands generated internally to it. I haven't got the USB-UIRT yet so I can't try it out myself.

Thanks
Tolahouse

Using Xantech to control your USBUIRT

Postby Guest » Wed May 25, 2005 9:16 pm

It will work like a champ! I use the Lutron RS 232 interace to control my lights using the usbuirt. Same principles.

Return to Installation