placement for both reception and transmission

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

placement for both reception and transmission

Postby jaffadog » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:55 pm

I'm considering buying a USB-UIRT for use in a BeyondTv/SageTv setup. I'd want the unit to server as both the receiver for the remote, and the transmitter for control of my Dish Network receiver (for unattended channel changing when BeyondTv/SageTv needs to receord something).

This seems like an obvious dilema... if I place the UIRT so that my remote will hit it from the couch, it is not going to be able to transmit to the Dish Network receiver. Wouldn't it be better if the UIRT had the receiver on one end and the transmitter on the other end?

I suppose I'm going to need an external transmitter to solve this problem. Where can I get one? Or can I build my own?

Thanks,
Jeremy
jaffadog

Postby jrhees » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:22 am

Jeremy,

This is not usually a dilemma. The USB-UIRT's emitters are powerful 'blasters' and in most cases can be pointed in a different direction and still control your equipment.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:27 am

I have this problem too. The transmissions are powerful enough to 'bounce' back and control all my AV and satellite equipment except the Plasma TV. I guess I need to attach an extra emitter using the rear jack plug. Is this something I can purchase?

Please don't say I have to make one - I have trouble making cheese on toast!

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:38 am

Anonymous wrote:I have this problem too. The transmissions are powerful enough to 'bounce' back and control all my AV and satellite equipment except the Plasma TV. I guess I need to attach an extra emitter using the rear jack plug. Is this something I can purchase?

Please don't say I have to make one - I have trouble making cheese on toast!

I see from reading on in the forum that it's even easier to make one of these than making cheese on toast. So I'll give it a go. Great product and great support BTW.

Return to Installation