Dish IR Remote 103602

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:05 am

So, you're telling me that (like it says in your instructions) I should just hold the button?

I'm so sorry I started this - it makes total sense looking at the bottom of Girder.

I tried doing this (holding the button) in the beginning but I think maybe some of the codes weren't being received.

I very much appreciate all your help.

Postby jrhees » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:47 pm

Well,

I guess what I'm saying is that for that particular remote, due to the protocol it uses, you will likely have to learn 3 events for each action *or* just get into the habit of holding the button a bit longer. Its simply the way this remote works -- it sends out a different code depending on how long it is held.

Hope this helps!

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:14 pm

Yeah, that's what I was missing - if I hold the key down for ~1 sec on the remote, I will get the final IR code I want. I guess I got confused when the remote was sending out different IR codes for the same key.

I really like the USB-UIRT - the only problem with it I can find is the limited range from the computer due to the limits on the length of a USB cable. I think the only way around this is to use a powered hub.

Again, kudos to the USB-UIRT and your support.

Previous

Return to Installation