Myth TV

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Myth TV

Postby ixian » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:06 pm

I recently got a USB-UIRT via the package deal with Sage TV.

However, I also use a MythTV box and was surprised to not see it mentioned here.

Has anyone successfully used USB-UIRT with LIRC and MythTV? I see LIRC has it listed as possible, and to check the latest CVS, but I was wondering if anyone has done this yet or if I'm going to be the first:)

Also, can USB-UIRT control two sat. tuners? All I need is for it to change the channels on both - both Sage and MythTV support dual tuners/inputs.
ixian

Postby jrhees » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:04 am

I cannot really comment on the Lirc support.

As far as controlling two Sat boxes -- yes *IF* the two boxes use different IR codes.

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

USB-UIRT with lirc-0.7.0

Postby ely_az » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:59 am

At one time I had this working with the patch listed on this site for the lirc-0.7.0pre release. I wiped my drives and started over and it seems that the support has been rolled into the CVS. I have compiled it for UIRT2 send/receive and everything seems to work fine. lircd starts fine and I get:
lircd 0.7.1-CVS: lircd(uirt2_raw) ready
in the log file. But when I start irw it crashes and I have this from the log file:
lircd 0.7.1-CVS: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
Jan 19 22:56:03 localhost.localdomain lircd 0.7.1-CVS: uirt2_raw: checksum error
Jan 19 22:56:03 localhost.localdomain lircd 0.7.1-CVS: uirt2_raw: No UIRT2 device found at /dev/lirc
Jan 19 22:56:03 localhost.localdomain lircd 0.7.1-CVS: caught signal

I will continue to work on it but please let me know if anyone has any ideas.
ely_az

Return to Installation