Girder error: Unable to communicate with USB-UIRT Device!

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

Girder error: Unable to communicate with USB-UIRT Device!

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:10 am

Running the 5.4 firmware. Girder 3.2 and Plugin 2_5_9.

When I enable the devices (F9) I get this error message. I've never been able to make it work. Any ideas?

Postby jrhees » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:33 am

Contact support@usbuirt.com and we'll debug this issue...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:14 am

jrhees wrote:Contact support@usbuirt.com and we'll debug this issue...

-Jon

Done

Postby Crescent » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:02 pm

I too am getting this error.

Just out of curiosity, why all the email responses? The email responses don't help those of us searching the forum for answers. I would think it would be easier tech support also to have the answers searchable.
Crescent

Postby jrhees » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:01 pm

Crescent,

Due to time constraints I usually offline (to email) issues I feel might get a bit interactive.

Anyway, if you're seeing this issue, please try re-flashing your USB-UIRT with the firmware at www.usbuirt.com/latestFirmware.zip

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:47 pm

Yes John, using the other firmware flash you have referenced resolves the issue. The firmware file that is in the "update package" on your website has an earlier date and does NOT work. You need to update that download or people will continue to have problems (like me).

Dane Anderson

Postby jrhees » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:15 pm

Thanks Dane!

Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:18 am

Not a problem. I just got my USB UIRT and was having some problems (usual cockpit type) but thought I would flash it in case maybe it arrived unflashed or outdated flashed.

Nothing worked after that when I used the file that came in the "Update Package". Immediately went to this forum and found this thread with reference to different flash file location. Everything went back to working after that so I compared the flash files (not a match) and thought you should be alerted.

And I am very pleased to see you monitor the site! I have been reading through the USB UIRT support thread on the Sage site and congratulate your steadfast assistance. I was able to pick out the errors of my ways by browsing through that so your efforts are paying off even when those getting assistance are "invisible".

I also have an IRMan built into my HTPC. I got the USB UIRT primarily as a blaster. I may try later to see how they can coexist although there is no useful reason for it (coexisting and both active receivers).

'll probably turn the receiving side over to the USB UIRT after a bit when I know the current Girder / Sage plugins are gold since I am reading of some slow downs and irregularities with Sage / Girder sharing interaction.

DFA (Dane Anderson)

Return to Installation