usb-uirt stops working after being unplugged

Issues relating to installation of your USB-UIRT device.

Moderator: jrhees

usb-uirt stops working after being unplugged

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:16 pm

Hi,

I setup my usb-uirt and all was working perfectly. I then switched off my pc & unplugged all cables to open it up. After connecting everything back up the usb-uirt doesn't send any received events to girder.

I'm using Snapstream PVS to change channels on my digital tv box, and that still works ok. The red light flickers when pressing buttons on my remote control.

There seems to be a problem with teh usb-uirt sending events to girder. I have tried disabling & enabling input devices in girder, but still I get no luck.

One thing I noticed is that I may have plugged the usb-uirt into a different usb port, while I wouldn't expect that to matter windows did ask for the drivers again. All looks ok in windos device mgr.

Any ideas?

I'm running 5.4 firmware, and 2.5.9 drivers on Win XP sp1
Peter

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:10 pm

Peter,

Go into the Girder->Settings->Plugins tab and make sure the USB-UIRT plugin is still enabled. Can you transmit out the USB-UIRT using Girder? Does that work?

Make sure plugins (in General) are enabled in Girder (Press the F9 key).

-Jon

Postby Peter » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:15 am

I have already tried all those things a few times (that was one of the first things I checked).

I think i know what is going on. Although the usb-uirt led comes on when I am pressing buttons, I suspect that the remote control is sending the commands correctly. I am using an old Sony dvd player remote, and had to get the dvd player itself out & use it this weekend, and the remote won't even control that properly. I have tried using batteries from another remote (which I know works), but still no joy (either with the isb-uirt or the original dvd player).

I suspect it was just coincidence that the remote stopped working at the same time as i unplugged the usb-uirt from the pc.

Thanks for your response, I will let you know if I can't get another remote to work (but think it will work fine).

Peter
Peter

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:17 am

sorry, typo...

I suspect that the remote control is sending the commands correctly

should be

I suspect that the remote control is *not* sending the commands correctly

Postby jrhees » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:25 pm

Thanks, Let me know...

-Jon
jrhees
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:39 am

Jon,

I've sorted this now by using a different remote. Definitely seems the old remote I was using just broke.

I now just need to get hold of a Philips MCE remote in the UK and I might finally be getting to the end of this.

Thanks
Peter

Return to Installation